RieberLok® Gaskets are only approved for use in PVC pipes and fittings manufactured to AWWA C900 specifications and that are originally fitted with a Rieber gasket.
- RieberLok® gaskets are designed to be used in below ground installations. For other installation environments please contact Ransom International.
- Do not use RieberLok® gaskets in pipes installed on bridge crossings or in other dynamic environments.
- Do not reuse previously assembled RieberLok® gaskets as they may have been damaged during the previous installation. RieberLok® gaskets may be removed from the bell socket of a pipe prior to joint assembly and inserted into a different pipe if that is required.
- For cold weather assembly, maintain the temperature of the gasket above 40º F and assemble the joint as soon as possible after the RieberLok® is inserted into pipe’s bell socket.
- Ensure that the bell socket, pipe spigot and RieberLok® gasket are clean and free of debris prior to assembly.
- Ensure the RieberLok® gasket is properly oriented and seated in the bell socket.
- Some extension of the joint will occur when pressurized. To minimize this, the joint should be pulled out after assembly to "set" the gasket.
- When cut pipe are used, follow the additional installation steps described in the Field Cut Instruction guide.
- Prior to assembly, ensure that the pipe spigots meets the required dimensional tolerances shown in the chart below.
AWWA C900 Pipe Barrel Dimension Limits
|Pipe Size||Barrel Circumference||Outside Diameter|