RieberLok, a division of McWane Global, is happy to announce the development of the RieberLok self-restraining gasket for 16” C900 PVC pressure pipe.
“We’ve had many requests for 16” internal restraints since we introduced our C900-CIOD sizes in 2017,” says Kevin Stine, Eastern Regional Sales Mgr. for RieberLok, “We’ve now got them in our inventory, and they are moving fast, as contractors across the country have been waiting for them. We also plan on developing a 24” gasket as the need is out there.”
The 16” C900 version of the RieberLok gasket will restrain and seal any U.S. made PVC pipe manufacturer’s C900 Pressure Pipe or PVC fittings made under AWWA C900. In the field or at the pipe plant, RieberLok can be installed in just a few seconds. Order it pre-installed from JM Eagle or National Pipe or just remove the original rieber gasket that comes in the bell and install the RieberLok in its place. You now have a leak-free and restrained joint with no corrosion affected materials on the outside of the pipe as you would if using a bell joint harness.
Here is some additional information about the RieberLok gasket:
- RieberLok is a self-restraining gasket for 3-16 inch, C-900 CIOD pipe and fittings and 4-8 inch IPS Class Pipe.
- It’s made of SBR or EPDM polymer along with stainless teeth.
- It can be field installed or pre-fitted from JM Eagle or National Pipe at the pipe plant.
- It works on C900 pressure pipe in CIOD, IPS Class Pipe, and C900 PVC pressure fittings that originally use a “rieber” gasket.
- It works on all DR’s and SDR’s (wall thickness) of C-900 or IPS pipe.
- It’s rated at the pressure rating of the pipe with a 2:1 safety factor.
- The RieberLok carries the full defection of the pipe.
- It does not require poly wrapping, wax wrapping or stainless hardware.
- It can be used in open trench in lieu of the traditional bell joint harness that is clamped on the outside of the pipe.
- It can be used in lieu of other pre-restrained C900 restraints.
- Casing pulls and other trenchless methods are excellent applications.
- RieberLok is FM Rated on all sizes.
- RieberLok materials are UL listed as a replacement gasket.
Need additional details about the RieberLok gasket? Contact us today!